'I am fully in the Race for Saturday’s House of Rep Election For Okigwe South and I will win', Says Chike Okafor
– No court barred Chike Okafor from contesting Saturday’s election – OZIGOD Solicitors
Ahead of the Presidential, National Assembly , gubernatorial and state house of assembly elections, reports have spawned the online media, to misinform the public about Hon Chike Okafor.
The purported report has it that a high Court in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to expunge the name of the candidate, representing the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Okigwe South Federal Constituency, comprising Ehime Mbano, Obowo and Ihitte Uboma local government areas of Imo State in the rescheduled February 23, 2019 National Assembly election which effectively dashes the hope of Hon. Chike Okafor, who is flying the flag of APC in the elections, from returning to the National Assembly.
However, reacting to the story Ozigod Solicitor who are acting as solicitors to Hon Chike John Okafor categorically stated that their client was not barred from contesting the rescheduled house of representatives election for okigwe south Federal constituency this Saturday the 23rd of February in any way by the ruling of Hon Justice Kawu Bello of the FCT high Court Kubwa in the case between Maryann Chioma Uzoma against All progressive Congress, Emeka Nwajiuba and INEC.
Read the full Press statement below:
We acting as solicitors to Hon Chike John Okafor hereby categorically state that our client was not barred from contesting the rescheduled house of representatives election for okigwe south Federal constituency this Saturday the 23rd of February in any way by the ruling of Hon Justice Kawu Bello of the fct high Court Kubwa in the case between Maryann Chioma Uzoma against All progressive Congress, Emeka Nwajiuba and INEC.
A copious look at the copy of the ruling clearly shows as follows:
1. That Hon Chike Okafor is not listed in this suit as a party and it’s trite law that judgments are only binding against parties.
2. That INEC by this ruling was specifically barred from recognizing or listing the name of the 2nd respondent Emeka Nwajiuba as the candidate of apc in this election and didn’t bar inec from accepting another name as candidate of APC for this election.
3. It is important to note that the primaries in issue in this case seems to be the one conducted by the defunct imo apc coalition splinter group which was not the inec recognized APC primaries for Okigwe South Federal constituency and so is of no moment cause a court cannot legalize an illegality.
2019 elections: Opposition can wrangle, but don’t misinterpret Buhari
4. It is important to note that the primaries contested and won by Hon Okafor is not in issue in this matter and so still stands unchallenged.
5. This ruling has been overtaking by events cause the named person it is against Emeka Nwajiuba has since left APC to accord party and therefore inec has nothing to enforce.
Consequently it’s important to state that our client is on the ballot for Saturday’s election and we hereby call on the general public and the good people of ehime mbano/Ihitte Uboma and Obowo federal constituency to disregard the rumor being circulated by desperate political opponents against Hon okafors candidacy, INEC has still listed him as a bona-fide candidate for Saturday’s election.
Deputy head of Chambers.
#IfeanyiCyMedia #IfeanyiCyBlog #EventCoverage #EventPlanning #EventManagement © Ifeanyicy.com