It was gathered that President Buhari made seven vital points on 20th october at the D-8 summit in Turkey, that could enhance the economic growth of Nigeria and attract business and investment opportunities among the members of states.
1. He assured D-8 leaders that Nigeria would continue to support the Secretariat in its assignments to achieve the visions and objectives of the organization.
2. He also urged D-8 member countries to support the efforts of the African Union (AU) to establish the first ever single market for trade in goods and services on the continent.
3. He described the AU-backed Continental Free Trade Area for Africa as a ‘’win-win for all, including member countries of the D-8.’’
4. He also congratulated Turkey on assuming the new leadership of the economic organization.
5. The president stressed the need for prospective investors to take advantage of the federal government’s new policies on trade facilitation.
6. President Buhari said the private sector and business communities in the economic organization must be assisted with incentives to widen economic cooperation among member-states.
7. He also used the occasion of his speech to reiterate Nigeria’s commitment to international trade and development even as he affirmed the country’s readiness to host the Meeting of D8 Ministers of Industry from November 14 – 17 in Abuja.