TStv Africa

TStv Africa

The Former Governor of Imo State, Chief Dr. Ikedi Ohakim, in an early morning reflection, which must have been propelled by the mood of Democracy has raised up thought-provoking questions, with the caption, But What is my crime?

Chief Ohakim, through his Official Facebook Account, raised these questions this morning.

He wrote:

"But what is my crime? What is Ikedi Ohakim's crime? Ikedi Ohakim says that bitter truth that everybody is afraid of saying and tomorrow he is tagged as arrogant that is Ikedi Ohakim's crime. Sometimes when I read what people write on social media against me I cannot help but laugh at their ignorance. Do you understand the difference between being straightforward with the truth and being arrogant? Ask that same person when did Ikedi Ohakim insult him or when Ikedi Ohakim was arrogant to him and the person cannot tell you where and when such incident occurred. He will say I heard it from Mr A or Mr B. So you didn't even see it happen? Hearsay. Ask that person if Ikedi Ohakim insulted his father or mother or his brothers and sisters and he will not be able to tell you when and where such a thing happened. Another hearsay. That's how they heard that Ohakim flogged a Reverend Father. Ask the person how Ikedi Ohakim failed him when he was Governor and their excuses would make you wonder their level of reasoning. What is Ikedi Ohakim's crime? I have refused to lie to you and tell you I can do the impossible knowing it is impossible and when you finally listened to the person who says he can do the impossible, like our youths will say, how market? Our civil servants listened to all sorts of lies and blackmail against me and even formed groups with the sole purpose of removing the same Ohakim who promoted them twice, paid them overtime, paid their leave allowance, never cut their salaries and paid them on or before the 25th of every month without owing them so today I ask our civil servants, how market? Our pensioners listened to every lie told against Ikedi Ohakim, the same Ohakim who made sure they received their entitlements without any deductions so today I ask our retired fathers and mothers, how market? Our businessmen and women, how market? Isn't it still obvious to those who choose to peddle lies and blackmail that the hardship of today is as a result of jettisoning our economic vision? Ikedi Ohakim was faced with herculean forces that battled me from within and outside the state yet I did not fail on anything I set out to do and those I could not do I will not promise you I would do them. Any project I embarked on was properly planned and despite our shortage of resources we tried the best we could with what was available at the same time ensuring that the well-being of human beings remains more important than building structures that add no value to the well-being of the people of Imo State. What is my crime? My crime today is that I speak out when things are going wrong in my state. If I keep quiet when the homes of sons and daughters of Imo State are destroyed within proper compensation I will be a good man to some people and nobody will cook up lies and blackmail against me. If I keep quiet while the salaries of civil servants are cut and the entitlements of pensioners are cut nobody will insult or blackmail Ikedi Ohakim. All I need to do is remain silent to the suffering of our people and nobody will lie against Ikedi Ohakim or blackmail him like they did with the Reverend Father incident that brought us where we are today. What is Ikedi Ohakim's crime? Many people don't like people that tell them that bitter truth that is why many people do not grow and when you tell them that plain truth without sugarcoating it with lies to make it sweet to the ears, you are labeled arrogant, you are marked for blackmail. Who do you prefer, the person that is honest to you and tells you that bitter truth or the person that lies to you and deceives you with lies which will come to haunt you tomorrow? Your guess is probably as good as mine. If I offended you, tell me, that's what I like because if you offend me I too will tell you. Tomorrow they will say Ohakim is wicked and arrogant because he says what is in his mind without trying to deceive you. To those whose job is to spread lies against people, if you don't change from your ways, God will certainly serve you with the same plate you serve others and believe you me, yours will be a thousand folds worse than what you do to others. Have a wonderful new week and God bless you."

Here are some of the reactions after the post:
Comments
Ambrose Nwaogwugwu
Ambrose Nwaogwugwu Karma is real, how market?ndi Imo....
Tony Izuogu
Tony Izuogu I prefer an arrogant truthful man to a 'humble' lying and deceitful man...
Uche Ndu
Uche Ndu Your crime is that you gave 10000 jobs to imolites which is against the will of the political leaders who have decided to use unemployment to limit the Nigerian youths
Obinna Sixtus
Obinna Sixtus Nnam ukwu, oga m, Eke Atta market does not recognize the absence of one man. We know you speak the truth, speak on, we will speak with you this time, give us speaking roles and speaking chances.
Johnpaul Njoku
Johnpaul Njoku Being Plain and Truthful before Non-educated people is been seen as arrogant ..But I prefer the truth no mattet how bitter it is.
Jeph Pinochet
Jeph Pinochet Your crime was that you built quality roads not substandard roads we see today
Nke Nke Enyi Izuogu
Nke Nke Enyi Izuogu I did the post below which i am convincingly very sure that you read.. barking dog does not stop a moving car..
When people speak against you and scandalize you, do not struggle to defend yourself. It is not easy to win someone whose mind is made up. ...See More
Kennedy Asuzu
Kennedy Asuzu Nkenke Enyi Y said it all. Keep moving next might be a goal. Ka chineke mezie okwu.
· 6 mins
Cheta Igbokwe
Write a reply...

Ukawuilu Chinedu
Ukawuilu Chinedu You don't need to be bothered.... My leader calm down and watch...... But I want to speak to you before my people here..... Never you in life come out with APC or PDP...... But I see you with Labour party..... Keep on saying the truth....... Mark today's date I Comr ukawuilu I Chinedu is telling you that the must talk but we know the truth.
Darlinton Justice
Darlinton Justice U can never compare Ikedi Ohakim with Rochas Okorocha,simple
Cedar Omen's Omeokwe
Cedar Omen's Omeokwe Our awaiting Governor comes 2019,we the youths of impolite will speak for you...see you there sir.
Emmanuel Ikwu
Emmanuel Ikwu Your Excellency your crime is that the prayers of the sack 10000 jobs for imo youths is tormenting the rest of imo lites who supported their sack . We are where we today bc what goes around comes around .
Cliff Mazi
Cliff Mazi Christ was crucified because he told the Jews the truth. Ur case is a minor one. What if u were stone to death? Today everyone will b saying we killed innocent man. Remain just man
Nkechi Comfort
Nkechi Comfort God is ur strength hohaa
Charles Chichebem
Charles Chichebem I guess people only begin to appreciate what they have when they've lost it. We were all fooled & we judged without asking questions. We're wiser now my governor....See More
Michael C Chineme
Michael C Chineme Nnwoke anye gi Abba!
Mere Daniel
Mere Daniel Your crime was that you made Owerri the cleanest city in Nigeria. Sir, we owe you an apology and come 2019 we are gonna rewrite the story line. Move on sir
Benjamin Chuks Moneke
Benjamin Chuks Moneke The only problem u had was ur cabinet. They trully destroyed ur governance
Obi Bright Chinweuba
Obi Bright Chinweuba Speak on; the Living Legend!!
Like the waters in the open sea,...See More
· 9 mins · Edited
Victor Azubuike
· 9 mins
Kaycee Chebrys
Kaycee Chebrys His Excellency I could remember meeting you once inside a flight from Lagos to Owerri, like ur usual self you where every accomodating. One thing is certain and for sure no one's perfect. For real there could have been one or two hiccups along the li...See More
· 9 mins
Nnamdi Nwakwasi
Nnamdi Nwakwasi His excellency sir your government is far better than the present one. You never slashed salaries, you paid before 25th, you empowered the youths of imo state with 10,000 jobs and the started receiving salaries immediately. Your clean and green initiatives, infact a lot. Wat about the pensioners. God bless you, your hands are clean
· Reply · 6 mins
Aguiyi Ugochukwu
Aguiyi Ugochukwu My dear able governor they rejected your truth and embraced lies ndi IMO how market
· Reply · 4 mins
Chinyere Umeokafor Ekemezie
Chinyere Umeokafor Ekemezie IMO state university students how market, IMO youths how market, the ones that was employed after the sack of ten thousand youth how market,ndi uka that carried the blackmail and the man of God that comes out every morning to do kokoroko before the el...See More
· Reply · 3 mins
Okorocha Ikenna
Okorocha Ikenna Truth is bitter...but it must be said if we need true liberation...ride on Ochinanwata!!

More comments are coming in. Visit this link to get redirected to the post that is making waves in Imo this morning: https://web.facebook.com/IGOhakim/posts/1854291388225855

Reactions: